We are partnering with an innovative Aerospace and Defense company that is seeking an Account Manager to join their team based in Milwaukee.
This individual will be responsible for developing new business and managing existing business at acceptable margins within a designated region, South America, Europe or Asia.
- Create sales strategy plans, sets sales targets and annual forecast and strives to meet them.
- Build new business opportunities to provide a foundation for continuous upward sales trends while meeting all profitability objectives.
- Connect with new contacts to determine whether a field sales call is necessary.
- Develops marketing and business strategies, innovative processes and programs to meet objectives which are consistent with a “customer-focused” high performance sales organization.
- Establishes professional and responsive relationships with customers to ensure total customer satisfaction and continued business.
- Makes ethical and responsible pricing decisions.
- Follows up with customers to ensure the company is meeting or exceeding the service level.
- Prepare and manage daily customer quotations and orders.
- Ensure on time order delivery.
- Participate in tradeshows as needed to represent and promote the company.
- Acts as a liaison between customer and internal team members to ensure all customer expectations are communicated, understood and met throughout the organization.
- Is a responsible and cooperative team leader with other departments to address and resolve customer problems. Understands and works within the companies policies and procedures.
- Adds a high level of technical product service and value to meet the goals of the assigned territories as well as the goals of the organization.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the industry.
- Other duties as required in support of the company and/or sales division.
- Over three years’ experience in a client facing, sales or business development role.
- Knowledge and experience in the Aerospace and Defense sector would be advantageous.
- Prior experience delivering on customers need ensuring continued business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers and clients.
- Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Software knowledge using Windows, including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.