We are working with a global manufacturer who are seeking a Credit Controller to join their team based in Cambridge on a hybrid basis working in the office 1-2 times a week.
The main purpose of this role is to provide proactive, customer-service oriented management of credit control issues, such as debt collection, credit insurance, and management reporting, we are looking to hire a credit controller.
- Responding to client inquiries promptly and proactively while upholding high standards of customer service.
- Reducing past-due debt through efficient credit control practises.
- Managing client accounts, including maintaining accounts, keeping track of credit terms and restrictions, and reviewing orders that are on hold.
- Posting of customer cash receipts, which includes remittance reconciliations.
- Opening new customer accounts after credit checks.
- Management reporting for sales and finance management on credit-related concerns.
- Assisting the managers of sales and business development with credit-related difficulties and, where necessary, implementing new approaches to enhance credit control procedures.
- Good communication with the business teams, ensuring that any questions about credit are properly addressed.
- Ensure data integrity across many systems.
- Knowledge of export credit control to offer protection when necessary.
- Additional responsibilities as occasionally and fairly requested.
- Microsoft Office skills required, as well as prior customer service experience
- Prior credit control experience is a plus, as is working knowledge of Oracle.
- Salesforce (or another CRM tool) knowledge would be advantageous
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Confident in communicating effectively at all levels to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Able to plan and manage their own workload and use initiative
- Able to work well under pressure