We are working with a leading Logistics organisation looking for a Customs Entry Clerk to join their team based in Miami.
The main purpose of the Freight Entry Clerk is to provide data entry support to the team and complete customs entries from start to finish.
- Serves as the customer service liaison between the Company and the customer
- Processes Custom and OGA (other government agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United States.
- Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise and/or AS400 system
- Classifies invoice based on HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)
- Sends information/document requests to company's employees, suppliers, service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed
- Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
- Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping/reference number
- Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Airlines, Agents, etc
- Convert and verify shipment weight, volume and foreign currency
- Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
- Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
- Assist customers with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
- Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordination of shipments from airline, ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination
- Review documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations
- Must have knowledge of buying/selling rates to ensure profitability
- Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Prior experience working in Freight Forwarding, Shipping or Transport would be advantageous
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills