We are partnering with a global professional services business who are seeking a Customs Manager to join their expanding team.
This position will be a full-time remote position with occasional travel to their office for colleague and client meetings.
This position sits within dynamic and growing customs team which covers the whole of the UK with a particular emphasis on growing the customs offering in the North region. In turn we are part of a wider EU and global network of customs specialists.
The Customs Manager will provide customs compliance and advisory services to clients in a wide range of industry sectors, with a particular emphasis on practical/technical knowledge of customs declarations, procedures, customs software and reporting.
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Director/Partner informed of overruns
- Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Director/Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays to international Cargo for both Exports & Imports.
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements.
- Lead with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of international services and products.
- Provide recommendations and implement Customs processes and simplifications.
- Carryout regular internal audit and check to ensure entries are completed correctly by entry clerks.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC on Customs matters and enquiries.
- Overall checks on processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.).
- Liaising with customers to resolve any queries and advising on operational customs matters regularly.
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in consultancy or advisory services
- Minimum 3 years’ knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- Excellent knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents.
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment.
This organisation has a flexible approach to their working structure and this role can be remote with office travel when required. They have offices in Manchester, London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds and Bristol.