We are partnering with a leading Aerospace & Defence organisation that are seeking an Export Control Officer to join their team based in Chelmsford.
The main purpose of the Export Control Officer is to serve as the primary point of contact for the business division or segment organisation, leadership, and functional units, this position will oversee the local adoption and daily execution of processes and tools relevant to export compliance at the location.
- Uphold strong export compliance practises within the business unit in accordance with pertinent export laws and regulations from the UK and other countries as well as the corporate export compliance policies and procedures.
- Encourage responsible management accountability and export compliance responsibility.
- Create, submit, and manage export authorizations.
- Maintain procedures and programme documentation for export compliance, including but not limited to export classification and regulatory jurisdiction, licencing and administration, security authorizations, denied party screening, technology transfers, export documentation, recordkeeping, audits, and training.
- Conduct export control reviews of marketing materials, proposals, and engineering data related to technology transfers.
- Provide corporate and segment-level trade compliance management, as well as reporting to federal bodies.
- Coordinate the regular export compliance training for senior management, scientists, engineers, shipping, sales, and other importing and exporting-related functions.
- Take the helm in or lend a hand with periodic audits, self-audits, and the implementation of remedial action, as necessary.
- Take the initiative to oversee or participate in investigations into any alleged violations of export laws and regulations.
- Participate as necessary in trade compliance conferences and training seminars
- Additional, as needed, trade compliance obligations
- Knowledge of EU, US, and UK export laws and regulations is required.
- Office 365 and SAP (compliance module) require strong computer skills. Benefits of SharePoint experience.
- Auditing expertise for programmes aimed at ensuring trade compliance.
- Knowledge of gathering, evaluating, and producing clear, timely reports.
- The capacity to simplify and explain complex matters (legal or technical) in plain words.
- Prior experience with group collaboration to solve challenging problems would be advantageous.
- A degree in business or a closely linked discipline (or combination of education and experience).
- Proven hands-on knowledge of compliance and/or international trade regulations.
- Important abilities and competencies needed:
- Vast experience working with multilateral control regimes, dual-use products, and military products from the UK.
- Knowledge of EAR rules, OFAC sanctions, and anti-boycott laws.
- Capable of acting as a resource for others in the solution of challenging difficulties and situations.
- Capable of working productively under pressure when confronted with heavy workloads and deadlines; able to make wise and timely business decisions.