Alchemy is excited to be working with an established and growing auction house in London which is searching for a new Head of Asian Art for their busy and Asian Art Department.
The Asian Art sales are among the most successful sales at the auction house. This is a senior specialist role, an incredible opportunity for someone to share their passion and use their leadership to leave a their own unique mark.
The key responsibilities include:
- Head of all Asian Art auctions, which includes making key decisions on what goes in the sales, curating the sale views and layouts
- Working with and managing the Asian Art team as head of department
- Business getting, managing a high-volume consignment pipeline
- Engaging with all collectors and dealers in the category and ensuring continuous flow of consignments
- In charge of liaising with the marketing team on all press releases and advertising campaigns
- Ensuring that the sales embrace the most recent market interest and trends
- Ideally, leading the department to be a market leader in its category
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Asian Art and the Asian Art Secondary market
- Relevant experience at an auction house or commercial gallery
- Established relationships with collectors, trade and galleries from the field
- Proven sales record
- Great communication skills and excellent writing skills
- Mandarin fluency is desirable
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines with high-volume artworks
- Attention to detail
If this job sounds exciting to you and you believe you have the relevant experience, please do get in touch with us!