We are working a with a global leading organisation who are seeking a HR Officer to join the dynamic team based in New York, NY.
The HR Officer will be responsible for supporting line managers throughout the Americas region in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, leadership development, performance management, and talent management.
- Offer a variety of HR services to help various departments, including Commercial, Ground Services, Technical, Finance, and Cargo, deliver a positive employee experience from beginning to end.
- Assist, educate, and mentor managers on how to handle employee relations issues such performance evaluation, absenteeism, grievance, and disciplinary actions.
- Complete case management of employee relations difficulties.
- Create HR planning strategies with the line manager that take into account short- and long-term staffing demands in terms of numbers, skill levels, and development requirements.
- Offer guidance to managers on the application of HR policies and procedures to assist them in supporting fair decision-making and ensuring consistency throughout the firm.
- Work together with the HR centres of excellence at the corporate headquarters to put HR initiatives for the entire Americas region into action.
- Assisting with ongoing HR project work.
- Manage and oversee all activities associated with the administration of personnel records and related paperwork (such as employment agreements, contract extensions, probation reports, end-of-employment reports, termination checklists, employee records, and files), and ensure that all procedures adhere to Qatar Airways standards and policies as well as local labour laws.
- Arrange for probationary evaluations and new hire orientation.
- Work together with the neighbourhood finance team to manage payroll and related reporting.
- Create HR reports and analytics per Regional HR Management's specifications.
- Bachelor's or comparable degree ideally within a related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in an HR position.
- Working knowledge of supporting hiring processes, performance management, benefits and payroll administration, disciplinary issues, and advising line managers on local HR practises and business standards
- Deep understanding of government compliance rules and employment law