Our client a multinational investment bank and financial services company based in Switzerland is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer in Conversational Banking to join their team.
If you are passionate about bringing innovative systems to life and want to work with the latest cloud technologies building client focused voice based processes with the drive to innovate and improve user experience while increasing operation efficiency this is the role for you.
The advanced Analytics crew based in Zurich is a global team developing AI applications on the Cloud. You will be joining a highly motivated and collaborative Agile environment whose goal is to enable the client for a digital and analytical future. You will participate in all phases of the development lifecycle and will be responsible to design, document and support development of innovative applications. There are significant responsibilities within this senior role along with development possibilities and the chance to drive new solutions for the bank in a pivotal area.
- Design, build, document, and maintain scalable and stable Backend Services which interface with conversational cloud applications
- Ensure that the design is consistent with the solution architecture and with UBS guidelines and standards
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Share knowledge and support other team members
- 5+ years of experience in software development in Java
- Academic degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Springboot with Maven/Gradle
- Experience with design and development of Web APIs – REST & RESTless
- Familiarity with API Management platforms (such as Apigee)
- Experience with CI/CD (we are using Ansible)
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- Experience with automated software unit testing
- Familiarity with Scrum or other Agile frameworks
- Willingness to learn together with the team
- Proactive approach, able to work independently, with a mindset to look for creative and innovative solutions
- Flexible and open minded, ready to navigate and connect with others in an area of unknowns
- Fluent in English