Back to Job Search
Alchemy is currently partnering with a global technology firm who are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to be based in Alpharetta, GA, USA.
- Systematically develops and promotes technology solutions ensuring the developed solution meets both functional and non – functional requirements.
- Develop and promote technical solutions which support the business requirements within area of expertise.
- Ensures IT requirements are met, and service quality is maintained when introducing new services.
- Considers the cost-effectiveness of proposed solution(s).
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback to FAST goals of mentees.
- Innovative and technically sound for project analysis in depth.
- Uphold the standards and best practices by adhering to them in his/her work, as well as by implementing them in the team’s work by reviewing and monitoring.
- Provide innovative contributions to the team by coming up with ideas to automate repetitive work.
- Able to mentor Developers in such a way that they can progress to the next level of growth.
- Conduct peer reviews and demand high-quality standards for the reviewed deliverables.
- Conduct technical assessments for hiring candidates for Developer roles.
- Participates in PI planning and Scrum calls for agile projects.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary and develops and owns a list of final enhancements.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium-sized projects.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent technical know-how on assembler and expert-level Mainframe hands-on development experience.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and or functional specifications from which programs will be written.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews, and troubleshooting issues.
- Expert level experience with business and technical applications, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert with Mainframe Assembler, JCL, COBOL, VSAM, IMS, DB2, CICS, and tools like IBM File Manager, Debug Tools, Endeavor, etc.
- Should have experience in working with businesses to gather requirements and translate them into technical stories.
- Should have very Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to solve a wide range of difficult problems.
- Good verbal and Oral communication skills.
- Willing to work in a challenging environment and ready to work in an offshore onshore engagement model.
- Multi-dimensional required.