We are partnering with a leading organization company who are currently seeking a Logistics Team Leader to join their team based in Dover.
The purpose of the Team Leader is to support and direct a team of logistics specialists managing time-critical movements within Europe, always maintaining accuracy and attention to detail to deliver continued client satisfaction.
- Support, direct, and advise your team to keep the company's strategic plan on track
- Communicate with department team leaders and support their team
- Meet daily KPI targets to always ensure operational excellence
- Monitor the TMS to ensure it is always up to date
- Ensure accurate daily handovers between shifts
- Ensure that the business escalation process is followed
- Identify and report carrier non-conformances and implement staff training improvements
- Attend weekly client/operations review meetings with team leaders
- Preparing presentations on the team's weekly performance.
- Support the team with objective settings using the company's appraisal procedure,
- Help staff performance
- Assist with the weekend on-call rota by managing annual leave, absenteeism, and weekly rotas to ensure adequate coverage is always available
- IT Skills
- Planning and organizing
- Customer service skills
- Understanding all areas of the logistics and team leader roles