Alchemy is currently partnering with a cultural & educational company in the UK in their search for an experienced finance professional with proven leadership qualities to join their team as their UK Financial Controller on a contract until July 2024.
Within this role you will manage the UK finance accounting team, oversee financial compliance operations at month end and year end closure, and will be responsible for managing the various teams to guarantee uniform performance and accuracy standards throughout the UK while fostering effective communication with the shared service centres in India and Poland.
- Manage and improve the year end and monthly close procedures to increase the accuracy of the UK close and speed up the preparation of accounting reports.
- Ensure that the UK trial balance, particularly its balance sheet accounts, are verified, analysed, and reconciled monthly with a minimum number of individual reconciling items and reflect an accurate and genuine assessment of assets and liabilities in line with policy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for projects that involve shared service centres, strategic business units, corporate departments, international IT services, and the UK region.
- Assist in centralising and moving operations to an SSC environment by collaborating with the transformation team.
- Manage UK payment runs and debt management processes on behalf of the cash committee, and indirectly, influence these procedures across the whole worldwide network.
- Create a system for managing and predicting cash flows and collaborate with the central treasury staff.
- Encourage and oversee the adoption of the financial policies, practises, and systems required to satisfy the organisation's worldwide reporting requirements.
- Recognise, contest, and resolve problems pertaining to financial accounting.
- Put audit suggestions into practise and keep track of their development.
- Act as an adviser to operations on complex accounting matters and, if necessary, communicate with other specialised finance units including tax, treasury, and group statutory reporting.
- Create and execute KPIs for compliance and controls across the UK, report on them, and drive efforts for further development.
- Oversee the financial management and control of the council's UK based fixed assets.
- Control how information is given to internal and external auditors.
- Create recurring reports for financial accounting.
- By including non-finance teams and their respective leads, identify possibilities for process improvement to assist the delivery of strategic objectives and assure successful implementation.
- Must be a qualified accountant – CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CFA with extensive experience prior to your qualification.
- Several years of financial controllership or similar related experience.
- A track record of managing teams.
- Strong communication abilities and negotiation expertise.
- Previous experience operating in a large organisation is preferred.
- Prior background working in either change programmes, shared service operations or SAP/ERP is preferred.