The main aim of the role is to deliver exceptional care that aligns with the highest standards of practice while keeping things as cost-effective as possible.
- Lead and manage the PCU/ICU department as the first-line manager, overseeing patient care and assigned staff.
- Maintain 24-hour responsibility for unit activity, ensuring seamless operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct fiscal, personnel, and patient care activities to meet high standards of care and practice.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of care tailored to patient needs and age.
- Integrate nursing areas into the overall functioning of the organization.
- Associate's degree in nursing (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- Previous supervisory experience in nursing is required.
- Strong critical thinking and decisive judgment skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Current unencumbered multistate or North Carolina Nursing license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association.