An experienced and skilled Compensation Consultant will develop and maintain client compensation programmes. The Compensation Consultant will continuously work to develop and maintain a network of national businesses, planning, designing and implementing Compensation programmes, adhering to requirements and needs. The Compensation Consultant will work directly with executive members of large firms to assist in the analysis and continuous development of compensation and reward strategies that aim to facilitate achievement within the company.
If excelling in this role, the Compensation Consultant may have the opportunity to further progress into a Compensations and Benefits Manager or Director role. If either of the above sounds like a career path of interest, please view the full job descriptions.
Compensation Consultant Job Duties:
The role of a Compensation Consultant is required to develop and implement compensation programmes, ensuring all practices adhere to any current laws and legislations. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- As a Compensation Consultant, the ability to manage multiple projects at once will be essential in order to deliver high quality, consistent project management.
- Drafting statements of work, project and budget planning will be one of your responsibilities, involving multiple workflow streams.
- You will be a day-to-day project lead, ensuring consistent progress towards company objectives, financial budgeting, the creation of timelines and deliverables.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with clients, through exceptional communication and customer service, and an efficient, high quality development of projects.
- The Compensations Consultant will act as a primary, day-to-day contact for clients, offering exception, high quality assistance at all times.
- Setting salaries and pay grades for both new and existing roles within the company, gathering benchmark data and recommending beneficial programmes based on analyses will be one of your main responsibilities.
- Develop diverse compensation structures, competitive base pay and incentive approaches that will allow you to develop a successful delivery of global solutions for clients.
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, management and implementation of employee executive compensation programs. This may include total rewards strategies, competitive benchmarking and pay analyses.
- Research and propose the implementation of new tools and approaches.
- The Compensation Consultant will meet revenue and billable hour goals.
- Build and maintain relationships internally, whilst collaborating effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate high-level problem-solving abilities when dealing with both clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Serve as a mentor to project team employees when required.
- Ensure that competitive and fair compensation plans are offered to employees.
- Regularly review and assess pay scales and incentives, monitoring any room for development.
Key skills and qualifications of a Compensation Consultant Job:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- For this role a bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is preferred.
- Strong subject matter expertise in compensation is a requirement for this role, including the areas of tax, corporate finance, regulatory and accounting requirements, annual, equality, stock and other long and short-term incentive programs.
- Proven hands on experience with special equity and incentive plans in a broad array of compensation related areas is a requirement for this role.
- Demonstrated success or strong evidence to support new business generation.
- Exceptional client relationships, interpersonal and team playing skills are essential.
- An executive presence with polished and well developed oral and written communication skills are essential.
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work with ambiguity is crucial for this role.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills are essential.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and leverage the resources of related practices in order to address the client’s business challenges.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, MS Project and MS Word is essential for this role.
Is a Compensation Consultant Job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.