A Compensation Manager will normally report to the Compensation Director, demonstrating the design and implementation of complex compensation programs and assisting in the continual development of compensation processes. You will demonstrate a strategic focus across a global division, having full interaction with senior business units and stakeholders. As a Compensation Manager, you will develop and evolve the company's pay scale and structure through research and analyses.
If excelling in this role, the Compensation Manager may have the opportunity to further progress into a Compensations Director role. If the above sounds like a career path of interest, please view the full job description.
Compensation Manager Job Duties:
The role of a Compensation Manager will require you to research the current competitive marketplace by communicating effectively with employees and management at all levels in order to develop employee pay rates. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Manage the full scope of annual pay review and cycle, including stakeholder management and project management. This will include process governance and any communication across the division population.
- Analyse and develop annual salary surveys in order to implement improvements and be responsible for the base pay designs.
- Prepare and deliver recommendations in order to adhere to identify pay discrepancies or opportunities for improvement and create action plans accordingly.
- You will benchmark requirements, making sure the process runs as smoothly as possible.
- The Compensation Manager will determine competitive wage rates, implementing changes where necessary.
Key skills and qualifications of a Compensation Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Experience within a senior reward role, with a focus on compensation activity is required for this role.
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Experience of leading and developing a reward/compensations team is required for this role.
- Critical experience in designing and implementing total cash reward programs to support activities at a global level is essential.
- A strong analytic mind set, and excellent Microsoft Skills are essential for this role.
- Years of experience in conducting total cash compensation program design in preferred.
- A background in executive base pay programs is preferred.
- Experience in the use of a point factor job evaluation system to establish internal equity assignments within a pay structure is preferred.
- The maintenance of high-level analytical skills, including proficiency in spread sheet data and base applications is essential.
Is a Compensation Manager job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here