As a Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager there are many job opportunities for anyone wishing to progress their careers. Working within the fine art sector, the role of Operations Manager dealing with fine art shipping is one that is both rewarding and interesting.
The role of a Fine Art Operations Manager means that you would be managing a team of people who are responsible for the move of artefacts fine art and antiques. Customers range from owners of private collections to museums and art galleries. This job is a great opportunity to work within an industry that is specialised.
What does a Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager job description include?
- You will be responsible for the management of a team with your main focus being to manage and maximise productivity of the operational resources required to do your job successfully.
- You will report to a director or senior manager and will be required to submit operational reports detailing all work done and profit/loss recorded.
- The Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager is also responsible for all Health & Safety guidelines and any other company regulations, ensuring that all team members adhere to legal requirements whilst carrying out their daily tasks.
- You will be responsible for the planning and routing for the transportation of all art cargo ensuring that you chose the most cost-effective and safest options on behalf of your customers.
- The Fine Art Operations Manager will speak directly with customers guiding them through the process of art shipping of their artefacts from different locations.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all customers are invoiced correctly and in the event of any disputes, you will be required to negotiate and resolves any issues arising.
- The Art Shipping Manger must be fully conversant with all import and export documentation as well as customs clearance requirements.
Key skills and qualifications of a Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager:
- You must be well educated and preferably hold a university degree.
- A Fine Art Shipping Operation Manager must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a sound understanding of basic business accounts.
- You must be able to collate information and present it in report format, eg budgets, weekly or monthly work reports required by senior manager/directors within the organisation.
- Previous people management skills may also be required.
- Knowledge of all legal documentation associated with shipping fine art and furniture around the globe is essential.
- As you will be dealing directly with customers, a polite but business-like manner is essential.
- A Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager is required to have good negotiating skills as well as the ability to manage any disputes that may arise with either customers or suppliers.
- You must be able to operate Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel and any standard computer programs associated with your industry.
How to find more Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager jobs within the Fine Art Shipping Industry:
To find more Fine Art Shipping Operations Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.