An International Move Coordinator works to ensure their client’s move abroad goes smoothly and efficiently. International Move Coordinators may work for corporate, trade, inter-company, or private customers.
As an International Move Coordinator you will be expected to work within a team and so excellent communication skills are essential. You should also have a good working knowledge of the industry and the removal process.
What does an International Move Coordinator job description include?
Employers requirements may differ, but as a general rule, International Move Coordinator jobs include the following tasks:
- Receive and follow up enquires from potential clients ranging from corporate, trade and private customers.
- International Move Coordinators are expected to be organised and to be able to maintain their own records, which would typically include enquiries, storage movements, shipment information (dates and details). The Move Co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth moving process relating to the clients personal effects/household goods.
- International Move Coordinators work as part of a team that manages the move process for clients which involves passing relevant information accurately to other team members as part of the coordination of a move.
- Produce quotations and raise invoices.
- International Move Coordinator jobs include the processing of bookings after liaising with despatch.
- Preparing import and export documentation.
Key skills and qualifications of an International Move Coordinator:
- As an International Move Coordinator you will be expected to hold good educational qualifications appropriate to skills required for the position.
- A basic understanding of business finance, eg invoicing, margins.
- Knowledge of import and export documentation requirements.
- Be able to manage a filing system and keep accurate records.
- An International Move Coordinator is required to maintain business relationships with corporate clients and international FIDI companies and therefore excellent communication skills are essential.
- Must be familiar with software programs e.g. Word, Excel, etc.
How to find more International Move Coordinator jobs within the International Removals Industry:
To find more International Move Coordinator jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.