Working as an Art Fair Coordinator, your main responsibility will be coordinating the logistic arrangements for art travelling to and from the fair. Additionally, you will be responsible for other administrative duties assisting the Manager with overseeing the fair. You will need to feel comfortable in an extremely dynamic and fast-moving environment and will be an integral part of the success of the business and art events.
Art Fair Co-ordinator Job Duties:
As an Art Fair Co-ordinator, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for placing orders and making payments for fair applications.
- Completing all administration tasks relating to the participation in fairs, including the submission of forms and artwork submissions.
- You will be responsible for the assistance of preparing budget forecasts, ensuring all initial funding plans are met.
- Liaise with fairs to ensure all relevant information is received prior to an event.
- You will be assisting with the press and catalogue entries and preparing art fair information packs.
- You will be responsible for the sourcing of cost-efficient quotes for shipping and transportation.
- Co-ordinating transport to ensure all artwork has a safe arrival and departure.
- Preparing relevant shipping invoices and notes.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all tax, customs and import/export procedures are correct.
- It is crucial to track and record the movement of artwork pre, post and during a fair, ensuring it is safe at all times.
- You will prepare shipments to client for artwork that is sold at fairs.
- Ensuring all receipts of sales and all invoices are prepared and supplied to the relevant Sales Assistants.
- You will oversee the loading of artworks into containers/vehicles to and from art fairs.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Fair Co-ordinator:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Fine art shipping and logistics experience is an essential requirement.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills are crucial for this role.
- The ability to cope well under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and regulations is an essential requirement.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are required.
- Being able to meet deadlines is an essential skill.
Is an Art Fair Co-ordinator job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.