As an Art Technician, your main responsibility will be the safe handling, transportation and possibly installation of artwork and antiques.
Art Technician Job Duties:
Working as an Art Technician, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for carrying out exceptional care when handling, packing and transporting antique items.
- You will be responsible for the safe and secure wrapping and packing of artworks, antiques and other high-end items.
- One of your primary focuses and high priority responsibilities will be the safety of both property and people at all times.
- You will be responsible for routine condition reporting.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all property is accounted for whilst in the gallery and/or the warehouse, and any missing or damaged items are to be reported immediately to a manager.
- You will need to adhere to deadlines for installations, de-installations, exhibitions and transport of property.
- You will be required to maintain a high level of personal presentation at all times, ensuring compliance with the departments standard procedures and safety requirements.
- You will be required to complete any relevant training that is required of you, including refresher training when necessary.
- You will be responsible for ensuring accident report forms are completed if an incident were to occur.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Technician:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Having skills within packing, wrapping and handling artwork and antiques is essential.
- Previous experience within an Art Technician or Art Handler job is essential.
- A high level of attention to detail and organisational skills are essential.
- The ability to ensure the security and safety of a client’s property is crucial.
- The ability to work well within a team, displaying excellent communication skills with clients and staff from multiple departments.
- A flexible approach to work is required, as often over time is necessary to complete work.
- The ability to undertake regular heavy lifting comfortably and safely.
- Excellent computer and literacy skills are essential.
Is an Art Technician job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.