As an Art Handler, your main responsibilities will include the safe handling of fragile artwork, as well as supporting your team with handling and receiving valuable property. Administrative tasks such as maintaining inventory records will also be a part of your responsibility.
Art Handler Job Duties:
As an Art Handler, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for the completion of installations, as well as handling and packing artwork exhibitions, art fairs and auctions. You will also be responsible for assisting with the set up of exhibitions and private viewings.
- You will undertake warehouse and inventory management.
- You will be responsible for securing and handling fragile items for transportation.
- You will log and update property information in SAP and associated documents.
- You will be responsible for securing and handling fragile items to prepare for transport.
- You will oversee and ensure the execution of policies regarding security, handling, movement and storage of property.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the property reaches the client or location safely, recording the movements and updating you seniors. You will also be responsible for releasing property to clients, shippers and third party collectors.
- You will record the condition in which property is received in, generating reports and flagging any damage that the property may have.
- You will contribute in ad-hoc duties.
- You will contribute to the preparation of objects for display.
Key skills and qualifications of an Art Handler:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Previous experience as an art handler or an art technician, ideally a fine art shipping company gallery, action house or museum setting is essential.
- Previous high quality art handling skills, including furniture and large sculptures, traditional western art and contemporary works are also essential.
- You will be required to display strong fine art handling, packing and installation skills.
- Experience in hanging paintings and installing artworks.
- Being a flexible team player, whilst displaying excellent time management, strong organisational and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong computer and administration skills are required for this role.
- The ability to work individually, whilst also demonstrating excellent communication skills is vital.
Is an Art Handler job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.