Working as a Project Manager within commercial relocations is a role, which requires someone who is able to cope under pressure as this job is often very challenging. The main focus of a Commercial Relocations Project Manager is the successful relocation of equipment, furniture and IT infrastructure to a new environment whilst still maintaining the day-to-day business operation for the client.
As a Project Manager within the commercial moving sector, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of all projects within the Move Management process. This is a very dynamic industry and one that provides many opportunities to develop a successful career and the ability progress to senior manager/director positions.
What does a Commercial Relocation Project Manager job description include?
- As a Commercial Relocation Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the project in terms of timescales and achieving budget.
- You will manage a support team, ensuring that all team members deliver services to a high and consistent standard and in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- The Project Manager is expected to work with the client to devise and deliver feasibility studies, proposals and financial budgetary control requirements, ensuring best prices are achieved and costs are kept to a minimum through tight financial control.
- The Project Manager is also responsible for the co-ordination and management of contract staff involved with the relocation of deleted area equipment to ensure a smooth transition, but also ensuring deadlines are maintained and achieved.
- You will be held responsible for all health and safety matters related to the project and will be required to enforce health and safety procedures and maintain required documentation.
Key skills and qualifications:
- You must hold the required appropriate technical and professional qualifications associated with Project Management.
- As a Commercial Relocation Project Manager, you must be able to demonstrate previous experience within move management and be familiar with move management methodology.
- To work successfully in this role within Business Moving, you must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of professional, ethical and legal standards
- A very important requirement for any Commercial Relocations Project Manager is a sound understanding of health and safety (IOSH) as well as working knowledge of statutory regulations including DDA and building regulations.
- You must be familiar with industry standard software associated with project management within Move Management MoveMan, Moveplan, CAD etc.
How to find more Commercial Relocation Project Management jobs within the Commercial Relocations/Records Management Industry:
To find more jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.