As a Relocation Manager working within Corporate Relocations/International Removals your role will concentrate on assisting families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation. A Relocation Manager’s job requires someone who has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to empathise with the families they work with.
Working as a Relocation Manager is the prefect career path for those people who really want to be client facing, but who are also looking for a role that provides a real sense of client involvement and achievement on a daily basis. Working in Relocation Management can also open up many career opportunities for other roles within this sector.
What does a Relocation Manager job description include?
- As a Relocation Manager, you will most likely work as part of a small team where you will work in a lead capacity.
- Your key task will be to develop a relocation plan for an individual or perhaps a family who will be moving to a new location in relation to their work.
- The Relocation Manager is responsible for arranging the removal and/or storage of all of their clients’ personal belongings, including home contents.
- Emptying a property on behalf of a client may also require the Relocation Manager to arrange for items to be auctioned or disposed of at the client’s request.
- The Relocation Manager will liaise with other Home Relocation Services, such as home search and school search.
- This role means that you will be the first point of contact for all relocation-related issues.
- As a Relocation Manager it will be your job to manage your team, ensuring that all business objectives are met. You will also be responsible for the hiring and training of new team members.
Key skills and qualifications of a Relocation Manager:
- To work in Relocation Management you should be educated to degree level and may also be required to hold industry specific qualifications.
- To work as a Relocation Manager, you will be required to have had previous experience either in this role or at a more junior level within Relocation Management Services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite given the client facing aspect of your job, but also the sensitivity that is required when working with families.
- You must be able to work independently, but also be able to work as part of a team and have the management skills required to manage people.
- A Relocation Manager requires excellent verbal and written skills as well as the ability to explain complex issues in relation to international removals to clients.
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Office products and familiar with industry standard programs and software.
How to find more Relocation Manager jobs within Corporate Relocations/International Removals Industry:
To find more Relocation Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.