As a Gallery Manager, your main responsibility will be the day-to-day running and organisation of the gallery, and the management of staff. Your role will require perfect administration skills, whilst also being able to plan and deliver events, maintain positive relationships with clients, and keeping up to date with the current art industry.
Gallery Manager Job Description:
Working as a Gallery Manager, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- It is crucial that all clients and visitors are greeted and well looked after, ensuring exceptional services at all times.
- You will be responsible for managing the Instillation and arrangement of art exhibitions.
- You will be responsible for assisting the Director in selling artwork, and the selection of potential artwork to purchase.
- You will be required to attend art events with the Director, to further your knowledge and network with potential customers.
- Keeping staff fully up to date on current and upcoming events and trends.
- Managing the transportation of artwork, whether that be leaving or arriving at the Gallery. This can be on a national or international scale, which can include importing and exporting.
- Working closely with artists and promoting the gallery in order to attract new business.
- Keeping archives up to date.
- Promoting artists, artwork, and exhibitions.
- Managing administration tasks, such as keeping financial reports and targets up to date.
- Dealing with the press and answering direct phone calls.
- Organising the hiring of equipment and overseeing the installation of artwork.
- Selling artwork, or the overseeing of Art Sales Consultants
Key skills and qualifications of a Gallery Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- A clear understanding of the art industry.
- Previous experience within a Gallery Manager role.
- An existing, well established client base is important.
- Previous experience in a managerial role is essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential in order to promote the gallery and meet new clients.
- Good administration and computer literacy skills are required.
Is a Gallery Manager job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.