As a Registrar your main responsibility will be managing the transport and logistics of artworks entering and leaving the Gallery.
Registrar Job Duties:
As a Registrar, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- You will be responsible for managing the incoming and outgoing shipments of artwork and updating databases accordingly.
- You will be responsible for managing both domestic and international shipments.
- You will be responsible for liaising with artists, galleries, shippers and museums and arranging their shipping requirements.
- You will be responsible for managing all transportation and packing of artwork and managing all exhibition and fair preparation.
- You will be supervising junior staff in artwork installation.
- You will be responsible for creating condition reports and inputtting any artwork details into the internal system, as well as updating artwork documentation and entering data onto an internal database.
- You will be assisting the Gallery Director with any ad hoc duties.
- You will be responsible for creating, updating and ensuring legal documentation including: loan agreements, loan requests, consignment agreement, purchase and sales agreements are up to date.
Key skills and qualifications of a Registrar:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Previous experience in a similar registrar or shipping position with a gallery or auction house or fine art shipping/logistics company is essential.
- A full understanding in how to wrap, pack and ship artwork is required for this role.
- Experience within internal shipping databases is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills are required for this role.
- A bachelor’s degree is a minimum requirement.
Is a Registrar job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.