Alchemy is partnering exclusively with a global service provider in their search for a HR Manager to join their team in London.
This position will report directly to the Managing Director, with a dotted line report to the Global Head of HR.
You will be responsible for ensuring a comprehensive HR service is delivered to the local leadership teams and employees across the business.
The ideal candidate will have previously held a standalone HR position and will ideally be CIPD qualified. This role required knowledge and working experience in; HR relations, Employment Law, Policy creation, HR documentation, Payroll review.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To lead, develop and deliver a successful HR function to a wide and diverse client base of functions/departments totalling over 150 employees
- Develop local HR policy and procedures in line with good practice, employment law and business needs. Continually monitor and review, implementing changes where necessary.
- Act as Business HR Partner to the UK Business Leadership team, participating in their fortnightly management meetings, driving through the HR agenda and being accountable for all HR activities.
- Manage and support the business with complex employee relations issues including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, restructuring and performance management.
- Oversee and manage all HR documentation issued (contracts of employment, promotions, maternity etc).
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies and fully support the business with their recruitment needs, ensuring that our company processes and procedures are adhered to, and best practices followed.
- Ensure a smooth and consistent onboarding experience for all new joiners to the company.
- Manage all payroll and benefits across the business – including pension and private healthcare.
- Coach and advise managers on all people-related issues, including employee relations and talent management
- Respond to employee queries on policies, payroll, employee benefits and all other people-related matters.
- Act as HR partner with local management to ensure that HR policy and procedures and best practise is followed fairly and consistently to all employees.
- Oversee all HR systems ensuring the accuracy of data is maintained and reports generated as and when required.
- Manage and oversee all HR activities in the yearly HR cycle including pay review and performance management.
- Fully support change management processes.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Act as a key member of the Global HR Quantum team (People Development Roadmap), whose remit includes the development and implementation of global HR policy, process, and procedure in all areas of HR including Talent Management, Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Employee Engagement etc.
- Employee Engagement. Oversee all employee engagement initiatives which includes analysing the results of our ‘thrive at work’ engagement surveys and developing (in conjunction with the business) actions to address areas for development. Chair the monthly thrive at work committee meetings and follow up/coordinate actions accordingly.
- Manage Hybrid Working policy and is responsible for making sure the office works well for the employees
- Driving employee activities, events and celebrations
Skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 5-7 years HR generalist experience, with some payroll experience and compensation knowledge
- You will be a driven and successful HR professional preferably with both CIPD and degree qualified
- Thorough knowledge of UK employment law.
- Experience in analysing, presenting, and using people data to drive decision making
- Ability to manage multiple management relationships and conflicting pressures
- Positive, ‘can-do’ mindset, with a real focus on delivery