An experienced and skilled Head of Global Mobility will be responsible for ensuring all mobility policies are competitive, compliant and in line with the overall strategies of the company.
Head of Global Mobility Duties:
The role of the Head of Global Mobility will drive Global Mobility strategies that are in line with wider company objectives. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Review global mobility policies, devise and implement changes where required.
- Management of the Global Mobility department, and ensure team members are providing high level services to assignees
- Review the tools and systems in place to ensure expatriate management processes are simple and efficient.
- Review current vendors who provide expatriate services and maintain strong relationships with these vendors.
- Ensure compliance with tax, including corporate tax, social security and immigration matters associated with international assignment processes.
- Effectively manage and reduce costs without compromising the quality of the assignment process.
- Monitor and analyse global mobility trends and anticipate any future developments that may be relevant, recommending and implementing changes where necessary.
- Maintain the management of all data, ensuring that the data is kept safe and processed appropriately.
Key skills and qualifications of a Head of Global Mobility:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- A proven track record of managing global mobility or an international HR role that dealt with managing expatriate assignments is essential for this role.
- A demonstrated effectiveness articulating, presenting and educating senior management level executives, regarding both international assignment strategies and policies is an essential for this role.
- Experience in developing processes and international assignment policies and practices, including the segmented assignment policy approach, is essential for this role.
- Having an in depth understanding of international assignment tax and social security compliance is beneficial for this role.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role.
- Experience in supporting multiple locations and/or markets in a global organisation is essential for this role.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organisation skills are essential for this role.
- The ability to move through ambiguity and create structure where needed is essential for this role.
Is a Head of Global Mobility job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here