A Global Mobility Manger generally works to oversee an Assignment Management team. Their job is to ensure that clients’ requirements are met in full, including the terms and conditions of their clients’ contracts.
Working within Global Mobility Management is very rewarding and provides good career opportunities for candidates. The work is varied and includes working in areas of both HR and finance. A typical Global Mobility Manager job description will ask for a candidate with a good understanding of HR global mobility policies including immigration, balance sheets, compensation and benefits and assignment services.
What does working in Global Mobility Management involve?
- A Global Mobility Manager will need to constantly assess new opportunities and revenue sources, whilst developing and improving operational processes.
- Managers are expected to ensure superior customer service is achieved and that SLA (Service Level Agreement) standards are met. It is the Global Mobility Manager’s responsibility to ensure that their company is adhering to the terms and conditions of a client’s contract.
- A Global Mobility Manager will need to consult with managers and assignees on assignment packages, immigration and HR policy issues. They will also need to prepare and run client review meetings at a regional or global mobility management level.
- It may be a Global Mobility Manager’s responsibility to maintain all data management to ensure that data is kept safe. It will also be their responsibility to ensure that effective, valid data is produced for client and internal use.
Key skills and qualifications of a Global Mobility Manager:
- Degree level education is generally a requirement for a Global Mobility Manager job, but not always.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Global Mobility Managers require strong business strategy skills including strategy development for setting and reviewing performance metrics.
- Good quality management skills are required in this role includes good people skills – this can include managing regional client, assignee, employee and supplier relationships.
- Global Mobility Managers require financial management skills as responding to financial targets and interpretation of data will be required. This role may also require a sound knowledge of package review, assignee transfer, international payroll, year-end, reporting and cost projection processes.
- Team management experience is also required and the role can include overseeing or undertaking training, coaching, performance management and appraisals.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Word, Excel, etc.
How to find more Global Mobility Manager jobs within the International Assignment Services and Global Mobility Industry:
To find more International Global Mobility Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.