A Global Mobility Consultant offers employees and their families a single point of co-ordination for their relocation. They will also provide ongoing support throughout an employee’s assignment, including repatriation where appropriate. Global mobility consulting is centred around offering a premier service to clients and employees at all times.
What do jobs in Global Mobility Consulting involve?
- Global mobility consulting requires a candidate who can provide continuing advice and support to an assignee throughout an assignment. Regular contact will need to be made with clients, suppliers and assignees and so good interpersonal skills are required as part of this role.
- Global Mobility Consultants are expected to adhere to quality standards and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain accurate records and filing systems is essential in the role of Global Mobility Consultant.
- A Global Mobility Consultant may have to initiate assignee surveys and participate in special projects.
- The role usually includes producing cost projections and calculating assignment compensation. A Global Mobility Consultant will also manage payments, such as payroll instructions, expenses and invoices.
- A job in Global Mobility involves working with a team and so being a team player is essential, but also being able to work alone is required.
Key skills and qualifications of a Global Mobility Consultant:
- Degree level education is generally preferred, but not essential.
- Project management experience is desirable, including the management of activities carried out by third party suppliers. All activities need to be managed, including those associated with the transfer process, the ongoing assignment and repatriation.
- Previous industry experience is desirable including the ability to carry out pre-assignment briefings. Global Mobility Consultants will also need to provide orientation for the assignee on the client’s policy.
- Knowledge of international compensation, social security and tax issues is generally preferred.
- To work in Global Mobility Consulting, you will need an understanding of immigration, balance sheets, the assignment transfer process, assignment package preparation and international payroll/ allowance calculations.
- Good numeracy and financial skills are needed and an understanding of basic business finance would be an advantage.
- Jobs in Global Mobility require good IT skills for updating client databases and providing data for status reports. Generally, knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team
- Excellent organisational, administrative and planning skills are essential.
How to find more Global Mobility Consultant jobs within the Assignment Services and Global Mobility industry:
To find more Global Mobility Consultant jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.