We are partnering with a global leading technology company that is seeking a Customs Classification Specialist based in any of their European offices, such as Krakow, Amsterdam, Malmesbury, Bristol, Cologne, Paris.
This individual will be reporting to the Customs & International Trade Manager and is responsible for the improvement of the companies classification programme across the EMEA region.
- Partner with the Global Customs Team and engage with key internal stakeholders, including operations, supply chain, legal and finance, external stakeholders.
- You will offer support & direction through trade analytics, process design and improvements, risk management, trade awareness, and self-compliance.
- Engage with business operations on ad-hoc queries, ensuring smooth customs clearance process and correctly paid duties and taxes.
- Provide guidance and advice to support HS classification and purchasing guidance for various functions within the company, including RDD & logistics whilst ensuring we meet legal requirements
- Responsible for the ownership HS code master data in our ERP system, which will include new item creation process, and maintenance of existing data to ensure data completeness and accuracy.
- Actively monitor classification changes globally, updating internal databases and processes accordingly.
- Establish an efficient classification process using our software, and you will create and deliver classification trainings to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Varied experience in customs compliance, import and export processes, in an international environment, across multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge and experience with customs classification, with at least three years’ experience working in the WCO Harmonized System
- Ability to work within a corporate environment managing stakeholders to ensure full support
- Experience in classification of home appliances, mechanical and electrical would be desirable
- Experience working in SAP would be advantageous
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Digital lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support