We are partnering with a Freight Forwarder seeking an experienced Financial Controller working in their New York office.
This position will report to the COO and CEO of the company.
- Monitor the financial performance of the company
- General Ledger
- Prepares monthly financial statements
- Analyze financial information
- Manage the preparation of payroll
- Keeps up to date on HR requirements
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Manage month-end and year-end closing.
- Monitor the Develop and manage financial Oversee the accounting department
- Manage a team of staff
- Responsible for assisting in the accounts payable, accounts receivable and human resources
- Provides leadership and support to operational departments, accounts payables and accounts receivables
- Over ten year accounting experience within the Freight Forwarding markets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel, and QUICKBOOKS in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to manage large amounts of date
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team