Alchemy is currently working with an established and expanding Art Gallery in Paris, who are looking for an experienced Exhibition and Logistics management professional to join them as a Head Registrar, for a maternity leave cover contract. (Oct 22 – Jul 23)
- Administrative and technical coordination of gallery exhibitions and artist projects, including identification of projects by artists and the corresponding liaisons, organisation of installations, and planning and monitoring of transportation.
- Oversee a small team of Registrars, across both French gallery locations.
- Manage and organize transport for gallery exhibitions and art fairs, between relevant galleries in all international locations.
- Technical and administrative maintenance of the inventory, including the creation of artwork files in the gallery's database, regular updates, and yearly inventory checks.
- Consignment and loan preparation and monitoring.
- Principal point of contact for all inquiries relating to the gallery infrastructure.
- Proven experience working in a similar capacity for a global art gallery or an art shipping business, as well as interest and knowledge in the contemporary art field.
- The ability to plan, organise, and carry out tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent organisational abilities, attention to detail, and the capacity for autonomous work are required.
- The capacity to oversee and direct a team.
- English language proficiency is necessary. French language is a plus.
- Proficiency with software such as Google Suite (Sheets, Gmail, Docs) is vital, knowledge of gallery databases like Artbase is a plus.
If this position is of interest, please reach out!