Alchemy is currently partnering with a global technology firm who are looking to recruit a KYC Data Engineer to be based onsite in Amsterdam, NL.
Your Working Environment:
You will be hired for our client’s KYC program. Their purpose is “Enabling people and organizations to use banking services by ensuring a compliant and competitive KYC ecosystem.” Through an innovative and transformational approach, financial crimes, such as tax evasion and terrorist financing, are prevented or detected on a global scope.
You will be involved with the development and support of state of the art solutions on socially relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and their global implementation. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. You will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains. As such, you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds.
The Delivery Tribe consists of Squads, which are built from high-performing teams consisting of 5 to 9 people. Squads are self-steering, autonomous, multi-disciplinary (BusDevOps, or a subset of these disciplines) teams with a fixed mission and purpose and take the full responsibility and ownership of end-to-end processes. Team members are 100% dedicated to the Squad and have preferably all required expertise to deliver their purpose. Squads prioritize their delivery via a backlog.
Desired skills and experience:
As an Engineer you work on building and configuring high quality applications, at a bank that is known for its IT innovations.
- Data Engineering skills - Data Collection, Data cleaning/prepare, performance tunning, manage meta data.
- Write effective, scalable code as a Data Engineer using Python.
- Expertise in writing complex SQLs and data processing.
- Experienced on Pandas Data Frames and data engineering related Python libraries.
- Implement security and data protection solutions.
- Assess and prioritize feature requests.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Experienced in Scrum/Kanban and Agile.
- Able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality.
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- AML Domain Knowledge is preferable.
- Customer focused.
- Proactive customer support.
- Should be able to help as second line to troubleshoot /Investigate incidents if required.
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Experienced with Oracle DBAAS.
- A big would be knowledge about the technicalities & implementation of FCCM Suite (preferred FCC Studio v8072 onwards/ FCCM).
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You make sure that our AML application is secure, stable and meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Make sure deployments and testing are automated.
- Proactively take up responsibility to maintain and operate the application.
- Perform RCA in the application.
- Willing to get into Development work and participate in design discussions.
- Integrate the FCCS application in the Banks application landscape.
- Work in a cross-border agile squad, and actively contribute to continuous improvement of quality and speed.
- Have a keen focus on automation: you are passionate about major trends in the way of working including, for example, Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Inspiring and exuding energy and passion.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Focused on collaboration sets aside own ego in the interests of achieving the best results.
- Experience in working in an onshore/offshore model, with colleagues in India.
- Pro-active attitude, take it on and make it happen.