We are partnering with a global manufacturing company who are seeking a Logistics Manager to manage their European operations.
This positions will be responsible for the logistics spend in over 50 facilities with a budget exceeding $30M. In addition, the logistics manager will support the growth initiatives of the organization as well as act as the logistics subject matter expert providing support to the businesses.
- Develop and implement a transportation sourcing strategy in support of the objectives and strategies of the individual business units, global logistics, supply management, as well as Sonoco.
- Establish sound working relationships with all stakeholders to define and implement the sourcing strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and drive cost savings initiatives to identify and implement year over year cost savings to the businesses.
- Assist in leading the implementation of a centralized transportation management system, OTM, throughout Europe.
- Leverage existing and develop new commercial relationships to provide the lowest cost for the optimal service given the business unit strategy.
- Develop key KPI’s, metrics, and carrier performance management based on sound data analytics to provide valuable insights and root cause analysis of logistics cost drivers.
- European travel up to 30-50%.
- Strong proven knowledge of the logistics and transportation industry required
- Experience negotiating with logistics and transportation providers
- Strong interpersonal influencing and communication skills are essential
- Strong analytical, project management, and change management skills strongly desired
- Knowledge of transportation management systems with an emphasis on OTM preferred
- University degree required in a related field would be desirable
- Relevant industry certification/professional qualification preferred
- Multi-lingual is a plus