We are partnering with a Cambridgeshire-based industrial manufacturing company who are seeking an Indirect Tax Manager to join their growing team on a hybrid basis.
You will be working closely with the Finance team, overseeing local Finance Managers and Accountants.
- Ensure that the company's indirect tax procedures adhere to VAT requirements.
- Help the business organise its supply networks to reduce its exposure to VAT.
- Ensure that dependable return-filing systems are in place, make the required corrections, and provide local finance managers and accountants with the necessary training.
- Taking care of the VAT logic in the current Oracle system.
- Assist other multinational and European businesses with indirect tax issues.
- Keeping in touch with different business divisions to identify VAT risks from potential organisational changes and new supplier networks.
- Working with Trade Compliance and others to make sure that shipping invoices are compliant and that any necessary system updates are made to support this, as well as how indirect taxes are applied to supply chains.
- The role will successfully consult with outside advisors as needed and keep up with evolving legal and reporting standards.
- Qualified accountant with indirect tax qualifications highly desirable.
- Experience of working in a large group with complex trading operations.
- Well organised with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret technical information and communicate its significance to the business.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- As the technical expert in this area, you will be the trusted advisor for the business, and strong influencing and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of Oracle and excellent excel skills would both be advantageous.